If you are interested in applying for a job helping people with learning disabilities to live ordinary lives the process is simple. You can either do this online, or by coming to one of our information days. Check our Facebook page for recruitment days taking place near you.
1. Find a job role you are interested in and get a recruitment pack for the role. This includes a self assessment, an application form, the documentation required for a DBS check and the terms and conditions of the post you are applying for. If you attend an information day you will be given a pack, or you can download one.
2. Complete the application form and submit it to us. You can submit a form online or we may ask you to bring it with you to interview if you are attending an information day. You can also submit a form by post.
3. You will be invited to attend an interview. This will be a formal interview, you will also need to complete the DBS application form.
4. If you are successful we will make you an offer. This will be subject to a full DBS check, two references and medical check.
5. Once the checks are complete we will confirm your offer and arrange a start date.
Recruitment information days
You can come along to one of our information days where you can meet staff and managers to find out more about the jobs. There will be photo’s and videos and where appropriate you may get the opportunity to meet some of the people we support.
If you feel this is the job for you, you can take an application pack and get some guidance on how to complete it. We will also give you a time for the interview that is usually the following week.
These days are usually on a Saturday. This is a chance for you to have a taste of what the job is all about in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, with some light refreshments.